Friday, September 14, 2012

Upcoming Blog Hops, WIP's, Hand-Work & Afternoon Plans

Hey Y'all!!  The weather is a bit gray and starting to feel like Autumn around here this week.  Which is great for spending lots of time with the sewing machine for sure.  I have been feeling  like I have been a bit under a "blah"  cloud.  But today I sat myself down and made myself get to the business at hand.  Like all those pieces of Halloween fabric that I had cut up a couple weeks ago.  I posted a great picture of it back about 2 weeks ago. 

I also plan to be part of the "Leaf's Me Happy" blog hop. This fun blog hop is hosted by Cherry of  "Cherry Blossoms Quilt Studio" and Madame Sam of "Sew We Quilt".  Both buttons are on the side there if you want to check them out.   This will be interesting as I'm going to be a participate this time.  Yuppers!! You guessed it.... A FIRST for me. This is schedule for Oct. 1st to 10th.  Infact I just found out that my day will be on Oct. 4th.  Here is the link for the Master Schedule that Cherry has put together.  http://www.cherryblossomsquiltingstudio.com/ 

I have one project done and I'm on the second project for this hop.  This one is in a current magazine and yet again another 1st to be added to my list of 1st.  Needless to say I'm hard at work coming up with ideas for projects and a possible give-away to share with everyone.

Well from that picture, I have a small top completed and I have all 49 blocks pieced together for the "Boo" quilt that I'm working for my son.  Yes ~ that is 33 blocks more than the orginial pattern called for.  These will revealed during the "Wicked" blog hop that I'm going to be a part of will be from Oct. 22nd to 31st.   Which is hosted by Wendy of "Why-Knot-Kwilt" http://why-knot-kwilt.blogspot.ca and Madame Sam.  I hope you will stop in and check it out.  I promise to get you the schedule for this one as soon as it becames available.  I know I have a couple of projects that I want to show off for that one!! Samhain (Halloween) is my favorite part of the year.

Last week I did something a little different from the usual quilty.  I made a vintage-inspired full length reversible apron.  It came out really cute. I used doubled stitching on all the seams and really secured the ties on with triple stitching lines.  It will have to take some serious tug-of-war for those to even think about coming undone.  LOL.   Instead of trying to attempt button holes for the neck,  I improvised with Velco.  It was the stick on type so it was easy to place both sides at the same time.  With a few well placed hand stitches, Volia!!! It was finished. 

Side B
Side A
This is also from the same book as the half apron came from that I show ya a couple weeks back.  Which reminds me...... that little apron sold quickly after I showed it to a friend at the local library.  Did my happy dance on that one since it gave me the funding it make this one.  LOL.

Let's see what else since the last time we talked?  Oh I finally finished the center of the baby quilt that I was hand quilting for my friend in Scotland.  The quilt is for her new grandson and made by several of the ladies on my Quilt and Needle group.  They are currently working on two quilts for my grandbabies too.  This group loves making baby quilts and this year we have had a good number of them to be a part of.

I am still  working a couple different pieces of hand applique. I'm Hand-Appliqueing the tulips on to the background fabric.  You might remember that this is the Challenge that my friend in Wisconsin sent me to do.  This is  a challenge that I think I bit off to much.  The challenge was I'm suppose to have all the applique done on all 42 blocks by Dec. 31st @ 11:59pm.  I put my foot in my mouth and said I could have it done by then....  ummmm yeah .... only if I worked nothing else I might.  What was I thinking!!! But I'm still going on them. 

I'm also appliqueing a pair of raven's on a pillowtop for my son to go with his "Boo" quilt.  I'll share more details on that project during the "Wicked" blog hop.  And I'm finishing a Monkey Face for my Granddaughter's quilt that the Quilt & Needle Quilty Aunties are making her.  That will be done today.  So then there are the 3 little blocks that I need for my "Leaf's Me Happy" project that is done by hand embroidery.  I don't think those will take much TV Time to do.  Those might be done by next Wednesday night if all stays on schedule.  Yes, I love doing hand work while "listening" to whatever my Other Half has on the tv in the evenings.  I find it to be quite productive and relaxing. 

Well looks like today I might make me some scones this afternoon.  I'm thinking cranberries sounds really good to me.  Either Cranberry and Orange or Cranberry and White Chocolate.  These will be nice to go with my tea or as a snack.  On the quilty side of things, I'm going to ironing, & trimming the "Boo" blocks so that I can start working on their layout.   So with that, I'll say Thank You for stopping by and let you know that comments, thoughts & suchnot's are always welcomed.

Toodles,
Tricia

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered creating an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs?

    I have a blog based upon on the same subjects you discuss
    and would love to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my audience would enjoy your work. If you're even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

    Also visit my web page; Clicking Here

    ReplyDelete