Hey Y'all!! The weather is a bit gray and starting to feel like Autumn around here this week. Which is great for spending lots of time with the sewing machine for sure. I have been feeling like I have been a bit under a "blah" cloud. But today I sat myself down and made myself get to the business at hand. Like all those pieces of Halloween fabric that I had cut up a couple weeks ago. I posted a great picture of it back about 2 weeks ago.
I also plan to be part of the "Leaf's Me Happy" blog hop. This fun blog hop is hosted by Cherry of "Cherry Blossoms Quilt Studio" and Madame Sam of "Sew We Quilt". Both buttons are on the side there if you want to check them out. This will be interesting as I'm going to be a participate this time. Yuppers!! You guessed it.... A FIRST for me. This is schedule for Oct. 1st to 10th. Infact I just found out that my day will be on Oct. 4th. Here is the link for the Master Schedule that Cherry has put together. http://www.cherryblossomsquiltingstudio.com/
I have one project done and I'm on the second project for this hop. This one is in a current magazine and yet again another 1st to be added to my list of 1st. Needless to say I'm hard at work coming up with ideas for projects and a possible give-away to share with everyone.
Well from that picture, I have a small top completed and I have all 49 blocks pieced together for the "Boo" quilt that I'm working for my son. Yes ~ that is 33 blocks more than the orginial pattern called for. These will revealed during the "Wicked" blog hop that I'm going to be a part of will be from Oct. 22nd to 31st. Which is hosted by Wendy of "Why-Knot-Kwilt" http://why-knot-kwilt.blogspot.ca and Madame Sam. I hope you will stop in and check it out. I promise to get you the schedule for this one as soon as it becames available. I know I have a couple of projects that I want to show off for that one!! Samhain (Halloween) is my favorite part of the year.
Last week I did something a little different from the usual quilty. I made a vintage-inspired full length reversible apron. It came out really cute. I used doubled stitching on all the seams and really secured the ties on with triple stitching lines. It will have to take some serious tug-of-war for those to even think about coming undone. LOL. Instead of trying to attempt button holes for the neck, I improvised with Velco. It was the stick on type so it was easy to place both sides at the same time. With a few well placed hand stitches, Volia!!! It was finished.